Cosmone is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and upheld with utmost good faith and due diligence. Should we ask you to disclose certain information to Cosmone by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cosmone undertakes to collect personal data by means that are fair, legal and transparent. The information we collect will be used solely for our reference and to best provide for your needs and further enhance your experience when browsing on our platform.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and other optional information provided by you such as your mailing address and mobile number.
- Demographic information such as country of origin, preferences and interests
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve the deliverance of news articles.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Cosmone is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Where Cosmone collects your data from sources other than you, it undertakes to do so only:
- By legal means
- With your consent
- To declare to you under what circumstances the data withheld would be used in
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, Cosmone looks to:
- Retain your information only as long as it is consistent with its purpose set out above
- Destroy your information when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that your data is not subsequently capable of being retrieved or recovered.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed bythis privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Cosmone undertakes to make information available to you about the manner in which we handle your data. However, you may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you can contact us to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by any third parties(pre-approved by you prior) or even our platform for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
However, we hope that you ensure and adhere to:
- Not seeking such information for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently
- Accepting that the disclosure of excessive detail may harm the security of the data provided and Cosmone's business processes, and may not benefit our commercial interests.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Handling of enquires, general concerns and complaints
If you have enquiries, general concerns or complaints about the aforementioned Terms, or about Cosmone's behaviour in relation to these Terms, you undertake:
- To communicate with us in the first instance, in sufficient detail, through a channel made available by Cosmone solely for this purpose
We will do our part by:
- Providing one or more channels for communication to Cosmone, which are made convenient for users
- To promptly acknowledge the method of communication and provide a response in an appropriate and meaningful manner
You further undertake to not pursue Cosmone through any regulator or the media:
- Until and unless Cosmone has had a reasonable opportunity to respond to the initial communication
- While Cosmone and you are conducting a mutually understanding dialogue with regards to the matter